Monday, July 15, 2013

Crossing the Rubicon

I had thought that I would start posting ideas here earlier, but my wife and I planned for a perfect storm of events in the last month.  First, and most exciting, we moved to a great house.  Several times over the past month, we've looked at each other and said "wow, do we really live here?!"  Next, to help aid those expected and unexpected costs of the house, we both taugt first semester summer school.  Third, we both coach and went right from summer school to our repsective camps.  Nights were then filled with open gyms (me), league games (me), and classes (her).

Needless to say we needed a week to catch our breath.  And we've had it.

So what I am posting on this blog?

I'm going to post my thoughts on my teaching.  The focus will typically be on technology in education.  This past school year I was part of my district's 1:1 program.  Some might call it blended learning.  I've done a lot of work over the past 14 months to put myself where I am now -- and frankly, I still have a lot to do.  This blog will be a great place for me to share and reflect what I'm working on or what I'm doing.

I may also post my ideas on topics relating to education, coaching basketball, Marquette basketball, family, the Cubs, good coffee, etc.

This was the first post.  When Julius Caesar crossed the Rubicon River with his army, he said "Alea iacta est" (The die has been cast).  He said this because he knew that by leading his army across the Rubicon, he was leading them to civil war, and there was no going back.  Now, even though this first blog post is not as epic as Caesar crossing the Rubicon, I do enjoy a good historical reference point.

No comments:

Post a Comment